If you have been seeking ordination as a bishop or apostle, COAAB does indeed consecrate bishops. To be consecrated/episcopally ordained through COAAB, you must be recommended by your primate or elected by the communion, network, reformation, church, or fellowship you will oversee as their bishop or apostle. You must also join COAAB. No one will be consecrated without becoming a member of COAAB whatsoever. COAAB's leadership will go over the process with you, wherein the following will happen:
1. You will have joined the Congress Synod. No one will be consecrated who does not join our synod. This involves becoming an active member of COAAB and financially supporting the work of The Congress of Apostles and Bishops.
2. You must have agreed to our Concordat and Doctrinal Standards, which are present on this website and other resources.
3. You will be vetted by the COAAB Committee of Consecrations and taken through our formation process, which is done through our very own institution (The Institute of Episcopal Formation).
4. You will be required to submit a background check, credit report, copies of any credentials, and etc. We are told in Scripture to know those that labor among us in the Gospel field. Following these methods, a medical/psychiatric examine is required. There is a garment fee of $150 (covers the purchasing of a red chasuble and stole and alb). You will also need a pectoral cross/w chain and a ring. The Episcopal Formation class is $200 in COAAB. Taking the class is no guarantee of consecration, however.
5. There will be an written exam and paper done and submitted before you are even considered for consecration.
6. Other particulars will be discussed as the process progresses including anything that is needed that is required to satisfy all the legal requirements.
7. No honorarium is required, but all gifts are welcome. Consecration takes place during the Annual Congress in September. All bishops and bishops-elects completing our intensive training and passing the exam will receive a Certificate of Completion through our educational institution in COAAB.
It is to be reiterated once more, that you must meet our membership standards, agree to our bishop's covenant, and agree with our Concordat and doctrinal position to be even consecrated in September at the Annual Congress.
You have to give COAAB at least 5 years of faithful membership, financial support of the COAAB and the Archbishop, attendance at COAAB and etc. before you can leave with your holy orders intact. We are not an ordination or paper mill, and have these methods to safeguard our reputation, and that of the sheep of God in your care.
As a bishop or apostle, COAAB will be available to assist you in establishing and setting up your reformation/communion, plus COAAB is available to do on-site seminars, episcopal training, clergy formation as well as leadership training and development.
We can bring to your ministry the training we do at the COAAB Annual Congress, for we believe in excellence in the episcopal ministry. We believe in providing good, quality and historical information to help develop bishops. COAAB is about training bishops who desire a greater knowledge of the episcopacy. How to function as bishops? How to handle episcopal protocol? How to function during the liturgy? And so much more...
Email us on our contact page for more information, or give us a call. Tell us your needs and let us tailor a program to help develop your bishops and candidates for the bishopric.